The WGA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The WGA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1.1.2019.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Conduct internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
As a U.S.-based event, the WGA does not store, process or utilize visitor data of the citizens of the European Union. Because of this regulation, all forms designed to collect information for contact purposes (e.g. sign-up for general event emails, sign-up for pre-sales information, etc.) require that the site visitor provide a U.S. ZIP code in order to be stored in our system. Any entries without ZIP codes or non-U.S. ZIP codes are removed from our database.
Participants in the event, may be EU citizens and all aspects of the GDPR are in full force including the right to be forgotten, receive a copy of your data and timely correction of information. Please note, in order to participate in the event, you must agree to these terms and conditions and the event is held in U.S. locations.
This website, as most on the Internet, uses variable storage – more commonly referred to as cookies. These are in-use for a variety of reasons detailed below.
Cookies are small text files that are stored locally on your computer and can only be accessed by the server that saved them. These cookies allow for websites to provide services and a seamless experience by saving variables such as screen width, last item viewed, visitor preferences or session information. This last part, session information, is very important to keep track of your place on the site, while visiting. These session cookies attach a random and anonymous session variable to your visit so that when you change pages and move about the site, your experience is continuous. Without session variables, multiple visitors would clash and one user’s clicks may be interpreted by the server as that of another.
Many times, public websites share affiliate code and set cookies for one-another in order to track users across domains. This type of marketing has been commonplace on the Internet for many years and is generally reserved to either determine the efficacy of advertisements as well as to monetize visitors. Our sites NEVER SELL USER INFORMATION OR BEHAVIORAL DATA and solely utilize these cookies to ensure the ads that we purchase result in actual visits.
Our site uses the following types of cookies:
1) Session Cookies: These types of cookies expire when you leave the site and are mainly used to ensure a seamless experience. In the case of sites where we offer membership and login, these cookies allow you to login and be represented as you. Additionally, your election of whether or not to accept cookies is actually stored as a cookie on your browser. This is by design and allows us to respect your decision on subsequent visits.
2) First-Party Cookies: These are cookies that our site may set to store simple variables. Our sites do not store any of your personal information and these cookies are purely used to manage your visit experience. Specifically, a site may track the browser width in pixels so that the page renders correctly, which slide in a presentation series you’ve seen so as to allow navigation through the slides and similar and similar, purely technical, reasons. In no cases are these cookies used for tracking or analysis.
3) Third-Party Cookies: We utilize third-party cookies from our ad networks (e.g. Google Tags and Double Click) to determine if an ad clicked on another site actually resulted in a visit to ours. As a result of this, you may see cookies from Google Tag Manager, Double Click and their related providers who use this information for the same purposes as we do. None of this data is resold or monetized as user information. In addition, we periodically embed external content and utilize services that provide video (e.g. Vimeo, YouTube), embedded PDF slideshows (e.g. Youblisher, Issu) or other externally-served content, these service providers may try and set cookies for their own purposes. While we cannot control their software implementation, your consent (as discussed below) will determine whether these all of these third-party cookies are set or not.
Upon arriving at our site, as a citizen of the EU and related affected countries under GDPR regulation, you will be presented with an option to accept or decline cookies. When declining cookies, please note that Session Cookies will be provided regardless and are allowed per Recital 30 of the GDPR. However, by declining the cookie consent, your website browsing experience may be diminished (certain content not showing, especially content from third parties).
As a participating applicant, choosing to disable cookies may limit your ability to apply. If you run into issues as a result of this, please accept the cookies or reach out to our tournament team through the contact page.